Florida Commemorative Candle Holder

Every year when we (the family) go to Florida, we have a set of restaurants we like to visit. And every year someone (or everyone) gets a specialty drink which of course comes with the commemorative hurricane glass. After a while, we've amassed quite a collection of the glasses -- but what on earth do you do with them? I never use them.
Hurricane glasses before deconstruction


This year I decided to make a stained glass candle holder with the logos from the glasses. I used blue glass and a mix of blue beads to do a mosaic style. I kept to blues for the beachy vibe and patinaed the solder with copper to keep with that (blue and copper = water and sand, sun).

Florida Commemorative Candle Holder (1)


You can view more photos of it at my flickr stained glass page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/karensglass

2 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

That's really, really cool! I'm seriously impressed.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Thanks, Chad :)

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker