Bits & Pieces

~~~~~~~ Bit ~~~~~~~

I went to the Huntsville court house to take care of my tickets. Recap: I got a ticket for driving 61 on the parkway AKA speeding. I also got a second ticket for having an insurance card that expired last month -- or as the cop put it "being uninsured." (Link goes to post about it.) Everyone (including the cop) told me to take the new insurance card to the court house and they'd remove the second ticket. This is so not true.

As the cheerful (sarcasm) lady at the court house told me, not having insurance is a mandatory court appearance. I have to be in court no matter what -- no getting out of it. I asked her if they'd drop it since I was insured and just didn't have the newest card with me. (As I explain to the officer, I share insurance with my mom and the new cards were mailed to her. The numbers and everything were still the same, but he wouldn't even look at the expired card. I had the new card with me when I went to the court house) She told me to explain that to the judge and it would be up to him but not likely. AWESOME.

Also, the only driving class available (for the speeding ticket) is smack in the middle of my trip to Florida. She said I could ask the judge for an extension when I see him. I asked for a pen so I could make a note to remind myself and she wouldn't give me one. She went off on a huge rant about how I couldn't go in there and tell the Judge that "SHE said this and that." So yeah, she was pleasant. She did tell me I needed to be there for my 5:00 court time by 3:00 because I'd be in line behind at least 100 people. Gee, I bet the Judge will be REALLY cheerful. AND I get to miss work to be there! Awesome!

~~~~~~~ Piece ~~~~~~~

I finally fell to peer pressure and signed up for Facebook. It's oddly addicting - as is the "Farm Town" game. "Farm Town" is very reminiscent of the old school "Sim City." I recommend it. I've been wasting a lot of time on my farm. A lot.

I will say this about Facebook: I do not like the merging of worlds. I will not be using it nearly as much or in nearly the same capacity as I use this blog. I've got my family as friends. I've got my non-work friends as friends. I've got my work-friends as friends. I've got coworkers as friends. I've got exes as friends. I've got people I haven't seen since high school as friends. Some of these groups (the latter ones) I do not care about. Others though, for instance coworkers vs friends vs family, are very different worlds that I don't like being so close. For instance, this blog shall not be linked to that facebook account because I don't want family and coworkers to read it. I have to be careful about what I say on there. It's weird.

Here's an example: I'm loving this "flair" application on Facebook. You collect buttons which are "flair." This is from the movie "Office Space" though I doubt 99% of the users realize this. Anyway, I sent my SIL a piece of flair with Kronk from "The Emperor's New Groove" with the quote from his little devil that says "I'm gonna lead you down the path that rocks!" -- a quote from the movie. (Link goes to youtube clip.) She took offense and made a public post to send it back to me because she didn't approve. WTF?

~~~~~~~ Piece ~~~~~~~

Yearly family trip to Florida is next month. I've really been looking forward to it as it was just gonna be me, mom and one of my sisters. Since it would be such a small group, it would actually be a nice relaxing vacation. I've ben very much looking forward to this. Which is good since the past few years I've dreaded it.

Now I find out that EVERYONES going. Including a part of the family which I feel should not go as they've wronged my mother recently (its moms time share), take up the entire condo, can afford to get a room of their own for the week, and IMO aren't welcome. Then again, I'm the bitch of the family so what do I know. If they even read this there would be massive blowouts and I'd be guilted and made to feel like I should just go kill my family-hating self.

So basically, it went from nice relaxing week on the beach, to old-school family vacation. Ugh.

And the civic needs a good tune up if its going to drive down there and now that I have TWO tickets to pay (see the first bit of this post), I probably can't afford to get it done. Which means riding WITH someone. Which means being jammed in a car for 6 hours -- getting sea sick from riding in the back and listening to people eating crunchy road snacks. This sounds like my nightmares.

Also, I feel immensely guilty for even feeling this way about the family vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker