Star Trek (the 2009 film)

I saw Star Trek this weekend. It was AWESOME. Beyond awesome. I had high hopes for it and it surpassed my expectations. It was surprisingly hilarious. Perfect execution of a movie. It had just a little bit of cheesiness to harken back to the original series (not too much at all, and this is coming from me who didn't even like the original series because of too much camp). There were a ton of explosions and every actor you love. If you are a geek and have a favorite actor, I'm betting he was in it.

Dude, Simon Pegg played Scottie -- and he was fucking perfect. The casting was insanely spot-on. Will Wheaton even made a very brief cameo! I'm voting this the best Star Trek movie ever (coming from a Next Generation fan). It's a reboot of the series -- which I thought would disappoint me, but no -- bring on the reboot!

After being so upset by Xmen Origins Wolverine, I was worried this movie would suck ass too (FUCK YOU FOR RUNING DEADPOOL and ripping off Ryan Reynolds) -- but it didn't. In fact, it was so awesome that it has renewed my faith in movies which waned after The Soloist and Wolverine. I can't wait to see it again -- I'll be going at least once more before it's out of theaters. Five stars from me for SURE. Go see it, even if you don't like Star Trek - go.

*****

4 Comments:

Blogger M. said...

I know it doesn't help much, but at the end of the closing credits... they show "Deadpool" grabbing his nearby head and reviving. And the mouth is coming undone.

BTW, I still have the cool dragonfly you made a few years ago!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I did see that end and it didn't make me feel ANY better at all.

Good to know one of the dragonflies is still out there ;)

7:07 PM  
Blogger M. said...

I would think Marvel learned their lesson after the "Hulk" movies...

1:22 AM  
Blogger M. said...

I didn't say that! I meant that the last Hulk movie was what the first Hulk movie should have been - something that pleases the fans.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker