Spam & Apology

EDIT I've edited out all the references to Hobby Lobby below. Why? Because I was completely wrong -- Hobby Lobby did not sell me out. In fact, the are so awesome as to regularly google themselves and reply to any complaints (see comments below). I respect this very much. I apologize for my assumption and mouthing off on here on my blog. I've always frequented Hobby Lobby (I <3 Arts & Crafts) and will continue to do so -- you should too. They seem like good people. Plus they have major sales frequently and who doesn't like Hobby Lobby?

I am sorry, Mr Parker and Hobby Lobby.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ORIGINAL POST~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Either Gmail has changed their spam filter to some very shitty version of its formal self... or HL sold me out. I'm gearing up on making stained glass so I need supplies on sale. So I signed up for the HL mailing list and opted in for weekly specials only. (HL puts random departments at 50% off every week.) I specifically opted out of "sharing my information with their partners." Now my spam has increased dramatically.

Gmail was doing a fine job of filtering spam -- I'd get maybe 2 spam a week. Now I'm getting 6 a day. Fucking HL sold me out! I hope someone googles this an learns not to sign up for HL emails. Don't do it!

3 Comments:

Blogger protomech said...

I've been getting a lot of spam lately too. I think either gmail's filters changed or some lists have figured out how to beat the filters.

It's an arms race, probably back to normal in a bit.

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Vince Parker said...

Dear Karen,
I am sorry for your issues but at no point in time has Hobby Lobby sold any of its email addresses or given to them to a third part for this very reason. You have shown trust in us to give us that address and in no way do we want to abuse that trust. I would suggest contacting Gmail.
Vince Parker
Hobby Lobby Corp.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Chad said...

my spam went through the roof in the last 24 hours - but only in one of my gmail accounts, not the other. So I doubt its a filter issue - maybe a big mailing list did get leaked somewhere.

But it can't be Hobby Lobby's, since they don't have my info :)

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker