Camera is dead.

My digital camera is dead. If it wasn't, I would show you the gorgeous stained glass butterfly I made this weekend.

The butterfly was a really fulfilling project. I sketched out ideas in my drawing pad and refined the pattern about 5 times. Seeing my sketch come to life was pretty awesome.

I drew it up Thursday, but I was too intimidated by the pattern to get started right away. Each wing has 17 pieces for a total of 34 in the entire thing. 12 of those were very tiny and a few had some hard curves to cut. I finally went for it on Friday and I'm super pleased with the result. I think when you see it, after this description you'll be a bit disappointed -- but I'm thrilled with it. I'm especially pleased with the symmetry. Before I soldered it together, I placed the two wings on top of each other and the pieces and lines matched up perfectly. I'm proud of that :) Of course now I don't know what to do with it, but it's pretty.

I'm taking the camera card to work tomorrow to get the pictures off the card. I'll post a picture soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker