Fuck it.

I don't want to be doing what I'm doing. i don't want to be a programmer. I want to be an artist and a stay at home wife. But I can't make the latter happen. But you know what I CAN make happen? The first part of the latter. How can I ever have a stained glass business if I just wait for it to drop in my lap?

By the time I'm 35 (about 9 years from now), I'm going to have a stained glass studio and be taking commissions for new works and repairing antique stained glass. I declare it thus. I'm not stipulating that I should be living off stained glass -- I'm not stipulating that I have a business location. It might just be a weekend job in a dedicated part of the house -- but I'll be doing something with my life that I ENJOY. I might still be a software engineer, but if I am, I'll be a software engineer with a side business I love.

I'm doing it.

1 Comments:

Blogger penn said...

that is awesome. setting goals is totally the way to go!

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker