Wait -- what are the rules on this shit?

I just accepted a date for this weekend. It feels a little odd being that I just broke up with my (now ex)boyfriend not even technically a week ago -- and I'm still upset about that -- but then I'm single now, right? Is there like a preliminary mourning period on this stuff?

I'm kinda excited about it...

I'll tell you what -- I told my sister in law this on Christmas -- losing that weight was the best damn investment I have and ever will make. Lifes much more fun when you're hot. And I know that's a given -- but seriously -- lots more fun.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Leah said...

Once you're single, you can feel free to date whomever you want.

Personally, I don't feel comfortable dating in a string. I typically go at least a few months (and, recently, years) between boyfriends. But it all depends on your comfort level.

Plus, going on a date doesn't mean you have to become an insta-couple.

12:02 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh I have no desire to go a couple of months and CERTAINLY NOT years. I'm still really upset about Kyle -- I want to be with him tommorrow night -- not someone else. But I don't get to be with him -- so do I sit home and mope or go out with someone new?

If I allow it, this could throw me into a depression and fuck me over for a few months. I want to keep the happy. I want to get up and go out -- not stay home and play over the sorrow like a broken record.

So I don't know what I want at all. And I doubt I've had my last tear over the lost relationship -- but I don't want to sit down -- you know?

1:51 AM  
Blogger Tel said...

There are no rules. As long as you're not officially with another person you can do what you want. Plus, you broke up. No guilt there, honey. Go out and enjoy your cute little self!

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker