Wait -- what are the rules on this shit?

I just accepted a date for this weekend. It feels a little odd being that I just broke up with my (now ex)boyfriend not even technically a week ago -- and I'm still upset about that -- but then I'm single now, right? Is there like a preliminary mourning period on this stuff?

I'm kinda excited about it...

I'll tell you what -- I told my sister in law this on Christmas -- losing that weight was the best damn investment I have and ever will make. Lifes much more fun when you're hot. And I know that's a given -- but seriously -- lots more fun.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once you're single, you can feel free to date whomever you want.

Personally, I don't feel comfortable dating in a string. I typically go at least a few months (and, recently, years) between boyfriends. But it all depends on your comfort level.

Plus, going on a date doesn't mean you have to become an insta-couple.

12:02 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh I have no desire to go a couple of months and CERTAINLY NOT years. I'm still really upset about Kyle -- I want to be with him tommorrow night -- not someone else. But I don't get to be with him -- so do I sit home and mope or go out with someone new?

If I allow it, this could throw me into a depression and fuck me over for a few months. I want to keep the happy. I want to get up and go out -- not stay home and play over the sorrow like a broken record.

So I don't know what I want at all. And I doubt I've had my last tear over the lost relationship -- but I don't want to sit down -- you know?

1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker