Happy Thanksgiving!

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving! No work! No class! I've already made the pumpkin pie and casserole I promised to bring to dinner. We're also having my third birthday celebration tomorrow. I got three cakes this year. How awesome is that? My birthdays been forgotten before and I've celebrated alone a few years -- and this year so many people love me that I had THREE birthday celebrations. Thats freaking awesome.

Crystal broke the cardinal rule of forwards (that being don't ever send them to me. Ever) and sent me the story about the thorn bouquet. You know: "my experience has shown me that the thorns make the roses more precious. We treasure God's providential care more during trouble than at any other time. Remember that it was a crown of thorns that Jesus wore so we might know His love. Don't resent the thorns."

Yeah, that one. I've read it before, actually. And it's corny as hell as far as forwards go. And it totally moved me. Right now my life is going so wonderfully. Everythings not perfect ...but it's perfect. I've had a hard life and a lot of bad times. I've missed out on so much for so long and it sucked. And because it sucked so very much, that's why it's so very wonderful now. So I'm thankful for the shitty. I'm actually thankful for all the shit I went though and all the time I spent completely alone that taught me to appreciate having people in my life so much. So many people take so many things for granted -- and the smallest things just thrill me to death. All the things I've never had before and always wanted. I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of it all now.

I'm not saying I'm glad I went though so much shit -- I'm certainly not psyched about it. But I'm going to try to release the bitterness about it. Those years served a purpose. I took it and I used it. Thats how I roll.

So if you're having a shitty time, realize that it will make you appreciate the good to come. And if you're having a good time -- be thankful. Be thankful for everyone who thought of you to call you and wish you a happy thanksgiving. Be thankful for everyone who gives you a hug. Be thankful for the things you will miss while you're away. Be thankful that you're not alone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Just A Girl said...

Happy Thanksgiving Karen!

4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker