Pimento Cheese

I just made my own homemade pimento cheese.



I've never been a huge fan of pimento cheese -- but then it also never occurred to me that you could make a grilled cheese sandwich with it. That's right -- I saw Paula Dean make one and about fell over. It's a bunch of different cheeses (including cream cheese), mayo, pimentos (mild peppers), and black pepper. Melted. On bread with butter. Holy shit. I'm about to make a sandwich right after I hit post... Yummy.

Update: That was gross. It would be much better without the pimentos. Anyone want some homemade pimento cheese?

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Actually, I made that sandwich and it was gross. It would be better without the pimentos so I'm looking to give it to someone.

Chad, do you like pimento cheese?

And I'm losing weight because I had gastic bypass surgery so everything surgary or fattening gives me diarrhea and gas about 10 minutes later. :)

I'm sure if I ate better, I'd weight less than 175.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

PS: you just made me feel so guilty I threw away my junk food. Screw you :-p

9:59 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Well, save up a couple of thousand dollars, get forms from general practitioners, psychologists, nutritionalists, support group leaders, and special bariactric councilors -- go through 6 months of weightwatchers with every meeting documented -- lose 20 at least pounds and then have surgery -- go through excruciating pain for a month or two and eat nothing but jello for weeks then progress up to soup that will make you vomit for two months after that and take a hundred dollars worth of disgusting vitamins every month for the rest of your life and learn that there are some things you just can't eat -- ever again -- and forget feeling full, you gave that one up -- you'll never feel full again. Be sure not to die from some stupid rare disease from malnourishment -- you'll need a full blood work up every six months to make sure you're not about to get scurvy or some shit.

And of course this assuming you don't have major complications from the surgery -- which you might die from or end up with a colon bag for the rest of your life.

Go for it. It's fun.

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker