Harry Potter

I've finally started reading the Harry Potter books. I know it took me forever but with the last one coming up I got sucked in. I can't believe I was so stubborn and obnoxious as to put off something I might enjoy just because I thought I was too old for it. So what if they're children's books? They're good! And I've loved every movie since the first one came out!

Erin loaned me their whole set of the books on Friday night. I'm about to start book 3 now. The first two were awesome. I admit that the second was kind of annoying with the constant recaps -- but I have to concede that a lot of people wouldn't be reading the books back to back and they'd have forgotten things -- and these books are meant for children of all ages -- not necessarily only the ones on a college reading level. Aside from that small insignificant annoyance-- AWESOME. Of course I loved the movies with a passion -- have since the very first one. I know I was more thrilled to see the new movie than anyone I know -- including all the people who read the books. I'm glad to have seen the movies first, actually. I can visualize the characters and places and hear their voices as I remember that scene from the movie.

I'm ready to start book three now -- The Prisoner of Azkaban. This is the one I've been wanting to read the most. It was my favorite movie. I LOVE Sirius Black. I love Gary Oldman too. I hope to be able to read book 7 without knowing any spoilers. If I can draw the rest of the books out for 3 weeks, I can read book 7 on the beach!

I <3 Harry Potter. Thanks for loaning me the books, Chicka! I promise not to let Jack chew on the corners ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker