Shopping

Today I shopped for two things: Sunglasses and a bike. First, the sunglasses. I have new insurance and since I just got my current glasses, I could get a pair of prescription sunglasses as my first pair on this insurance. So I went to the store to try on frames and didn't find anything I liked at all. The sales women did gush over how good one pair looked... but then I informed her that they were mine ;) I refuse to buy an expensive pair of prescription sunglasses that I don't absolutely love. I'm thinking of getting a dark blue tint on a pair when I do find one I like. I have to have an awesome pair because, you see, I'm not buying them for function. I'm buying them specifically so I can look amazingly hot. I have to have a pair that makes me look like a rock star. I need to be able to wear them and make everyone totally jealous of my awesomeness.

Also, the bike. One of my lovely (and particularly wonderful) blog readers has gone above and beyond the call of duty and is replacing my bike. Yep, you read that correctly. Now I have to find one I like that in the same price range. Unfortunately, they don't still have the same bike I had. And all the coupons I used to get it cheap online don't work anymore. They seem to have wised up and removed bikes from their "free shipping" offers. Damn. So my friends and I went to walmart to check some out after dinner tonight.

I found one I love that I can totally afford. It's bright red and super light weight -- and it's soooo comfy. Problem: it's a cruiser. Cruisers don't have gears or hand brakes. Hand brakes I can do without -- but everyone says I'm an idiot to get one without gears. I'll regret it the second I hit a hill, they say. But the trails I like to ride on are pretty flat -- I never shift all that much. And a mountain bike in my price range will be made out of steel (AKA very heavy). The cruiser is made of aluminum and is therefore super light-weight. Light is important. I will not be able to leave my bike chained to the Beetle as before -- I'd be an idiot to do that. This means lots of hauling the bike up and down the stairs. The bike that was stolen was super heavy -- there was no way I wanted to carry it up and down the stairs. So I'm thinking that having one I can lift with one hand would be incredibly helpful...

I want that red bike.

Tomorrow I shall set to work on repairing the bike rack. When it's fixed, I can buy a new bike.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should go for the cruiser. Some bike messengers in Seattle actually use cruises (yeah, even with all the hills). Since there aren't gears, there are less parts to break. And all gears really do is make it so you do less work. Since you want to get a workout anyway, I don't think it's a big deal. You won't be able to do big hills at first, but you can work up to them.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker