Fun with Fat Pants

Sometimes when I get really depressed, I like to get out the fat pants. Tonight was one of those nights. I was in bed because I have to be up early in the morning for work -- because as mom says, "I'm an adult and I have to wake up now." I couldn't sleep so I was contemplating how much life sucks. Thats why I decided it was time to pull out the fat pants (AKA my old jeans). Here's a shot of them (size 28) with my current favorite pair of capris (size 16) for comparison:



There are lots of fun uses for the fat pants. I can hold them up and scoff at how big my ass used to be:



I can pretend like I'm a kangaroo and Jack is my kangaroo baby:



I can even pretend that I'm a mermaid:



And suddenly life doesn't suck so much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~


NOTES: No animals were harmed in the making of this post. Jack was having entirely too much fun pawing at the drawstrings to notice that he was in the fat pants. And for those new to the game, these are the jeans I wore the day I had gastric bypass surgery two years ago. Yes, I used to be much bigger. Somewhere around 340lbs to be exact (313 the day of surgery). Now I'm s hair under 200lbs. Life really doesn't suck -- which is why I keep the fat pants on hand to remind me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

That picture of Jack is just awesome in every way.

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that you can utilize those 'fat pants'! You’re such a creative genius. Made me laugh this morning, and I needed it. I need something of that caliber to cheer me up; we all do.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I'm 5'4" or 64cm.

And yes, keep a pair of fat pants. These weren't even my biggest -- I wish I had kept a larger pair. But only keep one pair -- toss all your fat clothes. You're never going to be that fat again. TOSS THEM. If you keep them, then there is no penatly for gaining weight -- in fact you'd get rewarded by being able to wear your favorite pants again. But keep the one pair to put on and remind yourself how much weight youve lost :)

Congrats on the pants hanging off your ass. When you get on the scale and it didn't move much -- put on the fat pants and feel better.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Thank you! I'm a hair under 200. By hair I mean 199/198/200 variation. And I'm in a size 16 (finally!) pant.

I don't mind sharing my weight :) I posted it up there in the post ^ . Don't you feel better having said your weight? Like you're not hiding anymore. Here's how much I weigh. Though I only had the courage to tell people my weight when I had the surgery because I knew I would lose a lot of it...

Good Luck. You've already lost 10 right? Didn't P tell you he'd buy you present when you hit that mark? Collect on the presents!

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker