Let's go outback tonight... life will still be there tomorrow.

Did the Outback Steakhouse people conduct a scientific study on how to make a catchy song? Did they invest lots of money and resources in trying to pinpoint just what kind of songs get stuck in peoples heads? Cause -seriously- those bastards are sneaky.

That songs been in my head for days -- and I don't even care. I catch myself almost singing it out loud "life will still be there tomo-r-row..."

And not only have they made this sickeningly catchy song -- which, by-the-way, isn't even very good -- but they are saturating the marketplace with it. The first time I heard it, I thought it sucked. But now its grown on me. I hear it on commercials when I'm in the kitchen cooking -- I hear it on the radio when I'm driving -- then I switch channels and there it is again. And then I'm checking my mail box and singing "life is be-etter toge-ether..."

Man, I even want to download the song. They've missed a GREAT marketing opportunity by not making it available on their website for goobers like me to download. You should atleast be able to stream it -- or have that annoying chorus play when you go to the site.

"Let's go Outback tonight... life will still be there tomo-r-row..."

2 Comments:

Blogger Becki said...

And now it's stuck in my head. Thanks! :)

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The song is from Of Montreal, Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PoJv4N1Too

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker