Hardware

My latest painting. It was inspired from some hardware schematics I saw at work. Of course those schematics came with heavy security so I was unable to paint them. This painting is taken from some diagrams Nathan sent me.

I painted it for my cube -- part of a 2 part series. This is "hardware," the second to be "software." Of course I have a feeling it's going to be stolen tomorrow... I love how it turned out -- exactly what I wanted. Very heavily textured -- the paint is so thick that it has cracked in some places as it dried (as I was hoping it would). It's painted in white gesso and black fabric "puff" paint -- I used a spork and a single paintbrush to do it. I'm very happy with it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tel said...

I love that painting. I've been messing around with painting and so far I suck but it's really fun. I'm using acrylic and an oil based gold paint. I want to do a series on San Francisco but my ideas look way better in my head than on canvas thus far. :)

12:29 PM  
Blogger Chad said...

Cool! The world needs more uses for sporks.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Peg said...

i want that painting...if you ever decide to start selling them let me know.

Glad to hear your new job is going well.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker