Hip-hip Hooray!

Man, I am down today. Sad and depressed -- I guess I just had a lot of time to think because work was slow (being a holiday and all). It doesn't really have anything to do with the holiday or the new year -- maybe more to do with the new semester and all the changes it's bringing ...be them bad or bad. And I look back at my past and I'm just not happy with it. A lot of people have done me wrong -- which should really be stated more like I have allowed a lot of people to treat me badly and I have taken it personally every single time.

And seriously, all these romantic chick flicks are doing me no good. I've watched "the Wedding Date" 3 times now.

"I'm allergic to fabric softener, I majored in comparative literature at Brown -- I hate anchovies... and I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met."

*SWOON* ... *tear*

You know my mom told me about a story she saw on the Today show about the effect these kinds of movies were having on people -- giving us unrealistic expectations and depressing people. So at least I'm not the only one who gets all emotional and excited during a romantic movie only to fall into a puddle of self pity an hour later.

And dude, the puerto rican (BTW, saw your IP address in my logs -- you suck. Hope that cold totally mowed you over. Ok, well see then I say things like that and I feel bad. But dammit -- boo to you) was way hotter than Jude Law in "the Holiday" AND Dermot Mulroney in "the Wedding Date" -- and believe me, not only is that saying a lot -- but it's 100% true. So I used to watch a steamy scene like that and bitterly say how unrealistic it was. Not only would a guy that hot not be doing that -- but dude, why doesn't shit like that happen to me? But see now, NOW, I can't even say that anymore. Because not only was it that steamy and the guy that hot -- but jesus christ, he tasted like a sexy puerto rican candy cane to top it all off. And I don't know where I'm going with this but damn. Just damn.

Real life is a constant disappointment for me. And I want to say: "when's it all going to click -- when's my boat gonna come along -- when will I get my fairy tale." But you know what... I don't think that's going to happen. I think it's going to just keep sucking this much -- probably even worse.

You see -- I'm just down today. And I'm about to go spend the weekend in Birmingham with my family who always makes me sooooo happy (yes thats sarcasm, common -- that one was obvious). So really this weeks only going to look up from here. *SMILE*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It doesn't even get better when you're married and have someone to romance you.
I go to these romantic movies and see the hero and heroine in love and giddy and all romantic and then I return home and find my same old husband on my same old couch and realize, that romance only happens in 2 hours, it has taken us 3 1/2 years to get to the point we are now.
I'd take my 3 years anytime though...

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker