Dance can be a violent thing.

You know, I'm not doing so hot at dance. When it was all simple stuff, I was killing it. Now they're making me try stuff like Viennese Waltz (Wiener Walzer in german -- HOW CUTE). Yeah, not good. In fact, I feel bad for my partner, Nathan, because he's way better than me and I'm holding him back. And last night, we were learning a continuous spin -- where I spin around 3 times -- and dude, my head can't take that. I think it's the Paxil, but I spin around once and I feel like I'm going to fall over. I'm going to pick up some motion sickness pills before the next lesson and see if they help.

Though I'm certainly not horrible. Last night we learned how to incorporate a continuous spin, a shoulder check, inside turns, and outside turns into various dances (Waltz, Rumba, Swing, Cha Cha). I was surprised that (after a quick refresher from Nathan), I was able to remember the steps and counts. It's funny that my feet just kinda remember where to go -- even if I don't think that I do. I'm learning!

Also, I'd like to point out that dance can hurt. Everyone always jokes about the men stepping on womens toes. I can tell you -- I've never had my toes stepped on. They realize when they're about to step on your toe and they stop -- that's never been a problem. I have - however - been thrown, punched, kicked hard enough to leave a bruise, and had my hair clips knocked loose more times than I can count. Seriously. Who knew?

1 Comments:

Blogger penn said...

you might try the motion sickness wrist band things rather than taking pills. At least try them at home and see how that makes you feel. I tend to get carsick, and those bands really help with my nauseous tendencies.

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker