Well that sucks.

I'm being hit by a lot of crap at the moment. Looks like I won't be able to get financial aid next semester which means that I can't afford to keep taking classes -- and that I'll have to find a full time job to pay the rent. Could be worse. I'll so what it takes to survive -- and hell, I can work at Mcdonalds or Walmart if worse comes to worse -- at least I still have friends and I still get to keep my awesome place with my Beetle and my Kitties. And maybe if i turns out that I can't afford to take any classes, I can put 1 night class on my credit card or something. We'll see. We're in worst case scenario -- ant negatives come in threes and we've already passed three so it should be fine. Paxils good.

Oh and my stove blew up last night with a loud pop and flames. Isn't that weird? Scared the shit out of me -- I was hosting game night and cooking some mashed potatoes. Game night went well -- sorry I seemed a little down, guys. But I really like hosting everyone over here even if I don't play. I know that seems odd -- but I'd rather have a bunch of people joking and having fun in my living room than just watching TV by myself. And I really like to cook :)

I made a chicken/cornbread casserole. I was afraid it wouldn't go over well because it had lots of veggies -- and 20-something guys don't like veggies. But it went over well! Nathan had thirds + took some home -- so really, couldn't have been that bad. It's a good thing too because I had to clean and chop 4lbs of chicken breasts -- and I HATE touching raw meat. It's a play-by-ear recipe I made off of my moms traditional holiday left-over casserole. I used boxed stuffing for the bottom and the top (go ahead and let the stuffing that goes on top soak in warm water to make sure it gets enough liquid -- the bottom can stay dry). There was a solid layer of chopped chicken breast (that I cooked up with salt, pepper, and oil). Use lots of meat -- you're making it not buying -- you can splurge! Then the "filling" is cream of chicken soup cut with a little milk (not too watery -- but not too thick) mixed with peas, carrots, and corn. Then bake it all in the oven until it's bubbly and yum. I served it with mashed potatoes. It was very good.

Tonight we're going to go see the Christmas lights at the Huntsville Botanical Gardens. It's supposed to be one of the top attractions in north-east Alabama. I'm really looking forward to it -- I've been wanting to see them for a while now.

Now that finals are over, I have some days off. I'm loving it. I had to keep telling myself that I DON'T have to get up and do anything. I love not having expectations!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker