TNT's reruns of the X-Files are costing me time, sleep, sanity, and money.

Seriously, the fact that at about 2 or 3 AM TNT starts playing the X-Files reruns non-stop is killing me. I watch one and then I say -- oh I won't watch the next one - I'll go to bed... right after this ones over. Then I see the first 5 minutes of the next one and I can't go to bed NOW -- gotta see what happens. Who's killing everybody? What was that thing she saw? Are the cases really connected?

So I end up staying up till sunrise watching the X-Files. And yall know how I am. I get the feeling that some people think I'm joking about being afraid of the dark and not being able to watch horror movies. I'm not. I wear it on my sleeve and joke about it because it needs to be accommodated -- and hey, at least I go ahead and let you know. So after watching 3 episodes of the X-Files, I'm naturally scared shitless. This means I have to go to bed -- but it's dark. And you don't actually expect me to turn out the lights in the living room and then walk to my bedroom which means I have to pass the bathroom and the closet which are pitch black and who knows what's in there waiting to kill me. Man you know how they walk all jerky like -- or crawl on the ceiling -- THAT AIN'T RIGHT.

So the lights get left on -- costing me money on my powerbill, I'm sure. Jack enjoys me leaving the lamp behind the couch on -- he likes to bask in the warmth of the bulb.

Then I'm too afraid to lay down because what if something gets me!? No seriously man -- you know when hellraiser -- the guy with the nails was in the closet and they just kinda peek out -- I wouldn't hear it -- but see if I'm up then I'd SEE it. You see -- I'm still terrified of the horror movies I saw 10 years ago. There's no way I can add more freakyness to my horror banks -- that's why I've strictly avoided horror movies these past few years. But damn, the X-Files is just so good.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your not alone. I didn't go to bed until after the sun came up this morning and even then still left the lights on because someone decided to joke with me about my fear of the dark. I made him stay up with me. I like to remove the doors from closets so nothing can hide in there and my bed sits flat on the floor. No dead space there. I don't want anything hiding in my room.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I have considered taking the doors off all the closets many a time actually. But then I thought -- Oh I could take the door off and replace it with a curtain... but then that's just as bad.

And I know that my bed is too low for a person to fit under :) Though it's not a PERSON I'm afraid of. You know I believe in satan and his fallen angel demon friends and I believe they would probably clue into the fact that messing with my head in a horror movie fashion would freak me out way more than anything else. I'm not saying the guy in hellraiser is reall y inmy closet -- I'm saying a fallen angel with way too much spare time on his hands may get a hell of a lot of amusment out of giving me a flash of the guy from hellraiser. That's all i'm saying.

I've got some AWESOME and cheap night light recommendations if you'd like them ;)

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have 3 nightlights and my computer which never shuts off. My room is NEVER dark. People think I'm being over dramatic when I share how afraid of the dark I am but I'm really not. The funny thing is, even on a moonless night out in the country I'm not afraid of being in the dark alone. It's just in houses.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

no way man, don't put me outside in the dark either. I get so scared that I will just be motionless until someone comes to get me. When the power goes out, I just scream until someone comes to get me. I'm totally serious. It's not happened now that I live alone. God only knows what I'll do -- probably start praying and piss my pants while I try to find the flashlight. That or just totally wig out.

1:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the power go out when I was in the bathroom once. It was in the middle of the night too.. I completely freaked. I've always been worried about the power going out anytime I'm in the bathroom since then. Even if it's just to step in and get something off the counter.. I'm like you. I just freak.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker