It's a Good Thing

I had an incredible week. Sure there were bad parts to it: namely 2 tests – One of which I thought I aced and then found out I actually failed… BUT – It was still a great week. Life has been looking up a lot for me lately and for that I am grateful.

Wednesday has officially become dance lesson night with a group of new friends. Thursday night has tentatively become girl’s night (with girls from aforementioned group) – because that’s when Grey’s Anatomy comes on. I get along great with my neighbor and sometimes we have dinner together or just watch our favorite shows. Dad was freakishly upbeat the other day. New baby in the family – it’s my favorite month – and an old friend has returned to my life.

And you could totally extend that to this year – 2006. The year I got my BEETLE. The year I got my Jack. And the year I moved into my very own place.

Oh, and did I mention that I had a date Friday? Yep – with a guy I met at dance lessons. It was great too – I had a good time – excellent food and we saw “Man of the Year” which I thought was a great movie. Of course I hesitate to mention it because I’m not sure that there will be a second showing. I got the busy schedule speech at the end of the evening. But oh well – I still had a great time either way.

Oh and sometime in the near future, I’m having a shitload of geeks over to play RPGs in my living room. I know I know – but I’m not going to participate myself – I’m just going to host and cook them all dinner. It’s like hosting a party! The new group of friends from dance lessons are all into RPGs – which is apparently a super social thing – who knew? So I offered to host them one night – It’ll be like a party with lots of amusement for the peanut gallery – which will be us girls sitting and watching… and not making fun… maybe… well, we’ll try hard. And I get to have a big social gathering at my place – and I get to cook!

And on top of it all – I’m gaining a nifty skill set – I know how to dance now. For the rest of my life now, I’ll be able to join in the dance floor. And when I get better – I’m totally going to start going to dances.

*claps for herself*

Oh, and my subscription to Martha Stewart Living ought to be popping up in my mailbox soon too -- which I'm happy about.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should try gaming. It can be alot of fun.. Depends on how seriously the gamers you play with take themselves.. I could go into detail on that sentence but you likely wouldn't have a clue what I was talking about. Even if you don't join in it can be awesome to sit back and listen to a story unfold before you.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Yeah they don't take themselves too seriously at all -- they just have fun with it. And I'm staunch on not joining -- but then theres a tiny piece of me that's interested just because they love it so much.

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've given the busy schedule line myself, but it has been because I actually have had a busy schedule. so chill out. it may all be cool.

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, that sounds awesome :-) congratulations on meeting people and getting out there. I'm really happy for you.

12:57 PM  
Blogger BD said...

So thats where I'm going wrong...

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker