Cats cats cats -- blogging about my cats -- cause I have a life.

I just uploaded a picture to show how well Tabbatha (working with the temporary name of Foosle) is doing. She looks like a completely different cat. Her coat is shiny and smooth -- not so raggedy. She's gained TWO pounds in less than a week. She's eating me out of house and home -- seriously. I can't keep their bowls filled. And she sleeps as close to me as possible as much as possible. Her and Jack are coming along... pretty much.

I'd post the picture, but I've posted about this damn cat that isn't even mine so much that I feel like I'm crazy. You can see it on my flicker page (clicky) if you really want to.

It makes me feel good to be taking care of her. I know that to the majority or people, a cat means nothing. Her life means nothing more than a cockroach (to some -- a lot, actually, when you look at the world population). But I just feel so good about helping her out. Taking her from crying in the rain to curling up on my sofa. And knowing that wether I keep her or not, she's going to have a long happy lazy life that she certainly wouldn't have had before and certainly didn't have just a week ago. And to see the difference in the way she looks after just a week is amazing. She was ratty, matted skin & bones when I pulled her out of the rain. Now she looks healthy -- and gorgeous.

And I know she probably just curls up with me for company and since I'm the one feeding her and taking care of her and keeping Jack from eating her -- but it almost feels like a thank you... sappy as that may sound. So yeah, if angels ever show up in the form of a cat to see how we'd treat it -- I'm TOTALLY scoring brownie points.

Now, sorry about yet another cat post. And for the record -- to balance out the stray cat love -- here's a picture of my biggun' Jack (clicky) cause he's still my baby.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

I totally don't mind cat posts.

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Leah said...

I don't know why, but I can only see your new posts in my RSS. when I go to your homepage, the star sapphire post just sticks there and no new posts show.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Hmm, did you clear your cache and restart safari? Sorry if that sounds to totally obvious that it's insulting. It works fine for me in both browsers. Let me know if it keeps doing that though -- not that I'd know what to do -- but you know, at least I'd be informed.

And Michael, you might shouldn't encourage my cat-lady-in-training status :-p But thanks :)

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say you keep Tabatha - she's beautiful and she obviously loves you. And she and Jack will probably end up like siblings.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker