Only 11.5 more hours before my shift is over.

My glasses came today! I love them. I had started to get worried because I read horrible things written by opticians about why you should not order glasses online. I was so worried that I had a dream the other night that I got them and they were all messed up -- everything looked pixilated through them. Which would never happen in real life, but it was a dream so you can't be too picky.

They're a perfect fit and I can see through them perfectly. So there was nothing to worry about :) I ordered from BestBuyEyeGlasses.com and I'd order from them again. Their customer service was great, fast shipping, and great product at a even better price. Now I've got to send off my current frames for new lenses.

These are going to take some getting used to though. The lenses are smaller, so I've got to get used to that -- also just the look of them. They're so different - I've never had such a bold pair. I still like my old ones better -- they're a nicer pair -- but these will be my fun casual pair. I've never had 2 pairs of glasses before -- now they really are like more of an accessory :) I'll post a pic when I get my camera back.

Oh and I have poison ivy on my hand. From frisbee golf. That's how bad I am -- I had to keep fishing my frisbee out of the woods and now I have poison ivy. Nice. Right now it's not bad -- right now it's normal. And I hope it stays this way. Though I'm HIGHLY allergic to poison ivy -- at least I used to be -- and it was never just normal. It was a few spots and then the next day half my body would be swollen and the ER would had to give me steroid shots and I'd look horrible for abouta week. Here's hoping I've grown out of that. Cause there's a chance I have -- right? I mean this might not get any worse -- right? RIGHT? At least I have epipens if I can't breathe and hey, it might be ok -- right?

3 Comments:

Blogger M. said...

You are so wonderful!! I just looked over bestbuyeyeglasses.com, and this is more the selection I've been looking for. Thanks for posting the site!

7:14 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

You're very welcome. The reviews on Bizrate and such for them are horrible. Mostly the bad things I read were about their customer service -- which I actually found to be wonderful. They answer right away -- no wait -- and it's 24 hours. I ordered on a Wednesday and my glasses arrive the next Friday (that's with prescription lenses and standard shipping). Their prices are almost the cheapest I found -- but they were written up in Wall Street journal or something like that so I figured that was decent credentials. I'm considering getting my current frames lenses from them as well.

I went with the Kodak high-index lenses with 100% UV, Anti-glare, and scratch resistent coatings. The only thing is -- they have a horrible green glare. I've done research and found that this is from the anti-glare coating. But whatever brand they use sucks because this is serious glare -- its just green instead of white which is even less astetically pleaseing. Then again, driving at night in them is AWESOME -- which is what sold me on sucking it up. They have a horrible green glare, yes -- but I've never had glasses that worked better for night driving.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

PS -- yeah I'm going to go with them to replace my lenses in the other pair. I just got off the phone with their customer service (I'm telling you, it's great) and they're going to have a lab technician call me so I can ask him which brands would have less of a green color to them. I wouldn't go with Kodak lenses if you're going to get anti-glare. Great for driving -- but I'm sure they'll look weird in pictures.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker