My weekend in a nutshell:

Friday: go to movies with a friend, stay up late watching Health channel and teaching them to steal cable.

Saturday: Wake up super early -- hit chick-fil-a for breakfast. Work. Come home - lay down for nap. Accidently "nap" until 9pm. Get up and surf net, make dinner -- try to but fail to catch even 2 minutes of sleep.

Sunday: Stare at clock wishing for sleep until time to go to work. Work (and I did HOMEWORK that isn't even due till Friday -- how fucking awesome am I doing?) Come home exhausted and lay down. Wake up at 7:15. Panic because I have to be at work! I'M LATE! Rush to get phone and call work. Freak out before realizing that it is 7:15 PM -- not AM. Go back to sleep. Wake up at 9... again. Surf Net -- watch Grey's Anatomy -- Shower. Have some OJ. Type this post. I predict more staring at the clock until time for work.

Tomorrow: Monday: Holiday: Holiday means I have to work. Get up & go to work. Come home and nap... probably until 9 again if trends continue...

Tuesday Stephs gonna come wake me up to hang out before I have class. Jack hates it when I nap. I have to completely cover myself with a blanket even if it's hot to keep him from gnawing on me in an attempt to wake his favorite playmate. I swear he'll eat me alive in my sleep. He also brings me all his toys (and yall, I'm posting about the cat -- you can assume the thing has plenty of toys) and drops them on my face. He wails in my ear & pounces on me or just walks in circles on top of me until I respond in some way. I swear -- when the alarm starts going off and he knows its wake-up time -- it's like open season.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Leah said...

we almost named our cat Donner because of her insatiable appetite while we were sleeping. The first week we got her, she didn't want to let us sleep at all.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

HA -- I'm glad I'm not the only one. He won't sleep with me -- he just comes in to try to wake me every once-in-a-while.

And when the alarm goes off he goes nuts. Which is good because I'm known for sleeping through alarms.

Jack doesn't bite hard -- he just closes his mouth on you -- but his teeth are like little needles and his favorite spot to bite is the thin skin around my ankles.

Oh and he likes to randomly attack me -- I'll be walking down the hall and he'll run from out of no where and bite me on the ass. Hes funny and yet also crazy. I'm afraid what others will think of how I let him behave...

So yours grew out of it -- right?

12:04 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh and long ago (like 10-12 years ago) I had a cat named Sasha that would wake me by licking my eye lids. Have you ever had a cat lick your eye lids? It's not something you're going to sleep through.

I thought it was very smart of her though -- to associate the open eyes with being awake. Jack makes no such associations -- hes all about my hands and feet -- the face doesn't even exist as far as he is concerned.

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker