Snazzy

Before: An ugly pile of things that blink.

Pile-O-Electronics


After: A picture from a catalogue.

New Entertainment Consol

My apartment


Isn't it gorgeous? I love it! It cost me an entire paycheck, but I think it's worth it. It's good quality too -- solid wood in a dark brown chocolate color. There are glass sliding doors on the front of the console. And those picture frames, you'll notice, have pictures of my family.

Also on a side note -- just the console (without the table beside it) weighs over 90lbs. I was struggling to get it to the apartment. Struggling so hard, in fact, that before I even got it from the car to the curb, one of my neighbors came out to help. He carried it all the way to my apartment for me! And do you know what I realized the other night? Good GOD -- I've lost more than that thing weighs and I couldn't even lift it over a curb without losing my balance. I had more weight than that strapped to my back 24 hours a day for years. Wow. That REALLY put things in perspective for me.

Man, my apartment is AWESOME. I love it here. Living by myself just gets better and better! Compare THAT to my old dorm/apartment!

Oh and BTW, I ordered the pictures for the frames from iPhoto. What a wonderful experience! Apple really has packaging and presentation down to an art form. Even the envelope my photos arrived in was gorgeous in its simplicity and style -- and the there was an inner envelope with the pictures that had a clear view window, was made from good stock in simple white and when I pulled up the flap -- there in simple Apple font: "smile."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice

10:18 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Yep :)

10:34 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Ha -- no.. he was an older guy with 3 kids ;)

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker