Schools Out!



This semester is over! I took my last final today. See, that's me studying hard in the picture there. What a relief -- and what a busy day! I got up early to cram before meeting with the nurse about my prescriptions. She still thinks I have sleep apnea. Apparently she can't google "effexor withdraws" of "stepping down medication" but she can google sleep apnea. She had loads of papers for me to read -- and she even made me take a test to gauge my risk of having it.

So I got to take the "you might have sleep apnea test." Mind you, I could have been using this time to study. Out of 40 points, I scored 3. No, I'm not making that up. The only reason I scored 3 was because one of the questions was how likely are you to fall asleep if you lay down to rest in the afternoon. Well, if I'm laying down to rest in the afternoon then I'm taking a nap. There's no difference to me.

Nurse thinks I'm lying because I'm afraid to admit I have it or something. I don't know how to explain it to her. Yes, I want to sleep lots. No, I don't fall asleep randomly while talking to other people. My bed is comfortable and sometimes life isn't as grand as I would prefer. I have nothing to do and there's nothing good on TV -- I'm taking a nap. And no I don't want to get out of bed to start my day -- my day might suck. And when something bothers me -- I'd rather just turn out the lights and hop in bed and maybe when I wake up it will be better. But no, I've never fallen asleep while eating, driving, talking, or taking a shower.

Anyway, after that test, I had to take my last final! I'm done! Woo!

And I was going to post about the millions of errands I had to do today which had me running all over town. The pharmacy was out of paxil. The bookstore wouldn't buy my books back. And I went to the store that specifically has milos tea sweetened with splenda, only to forget to buy the tea. Oh, and I cleaned out my fridge today too. But I'm done with summer semester and too happy about that to talk about the other stuff.

NO MORE CLASS!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm . . I've fallen asleep while driving and while talking to people (the talking tho -- late night, and we both fell asleep). Maybe I'm at risk for sleep apnea. My dad has it, so that's extra incentive for me to exercise and stay healthy to hopefully avoid that pitfall.

1:30 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I can remember falling asleep by accident ONCE. Just once. I was curled up on the couch and we were watching TV, I think. And I had had a super long day and it was super late at night. Plus this was back when I was taking seroquil to help me sleep.

And no one woke me up. LOL. I woke up who knows how long later and was like -- where'd they go? Why didn't you wanke me up?

I never fall asleep on the couch -- even when I take naps. I go lay down in bed. I think it's stress with me. Like if i SHOULDN'T be sleeping (aka nap) then I fall asleep fine. But it's 2 am now and I have to wake up in 4 hours and I can't sleep for the life of me. Just stare at the clock and watch the hours I have to sleep go down.

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker