Olives: Pass 'em on

When I made my first eBay purchase -- I became addicted. I bought all sorts of nifty things from eBay -- hell, I even bought the infamous blue guitar that I can't play. It was just so addictive...

Well, now the same thing has happened... with FreeTrader. It's a spin off of Freecycle -- only with money or trades. People post something they're trying to get rid of or something they are looking for. This is where I got the super-comfy aderondack chair on my balcony. Today I got a case of olives. I don't even like olives.

They were a great deal though! A whole case of olives for 12 dollars. Who can pass that up? I may not like olives, but everyone else in my family loves them. So now I have a case of olives in my trunk. It's the blue guitar all over again.

Apparently this woman ordered the case off of eBay -- shes an olive lover. But these are a gormet cooking variety and they were too strong for her tastes -- so she put the rest of the case up on HuntsvilleTrader and I picked them up. And I'm now going to pass them on. They're the great traveling olives. I've got 10 jars of organically grown small brown alberquina olives. Steph claimed 2 of the jars -- the rest will go to my family. It'll be a nice treat for mom when I get to Florida and give her a ton of olives -- mom loves olives.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jewels said...

If you ever want to hear an interesting story, I have this great story about a random French author who bunked at my house one night on his book tour. Anyway, he gave me this jar of tapenade - a fantastic French Olive Spread from Marseilles. I was saving it until my mother found it in my car and threw it out. :( I don't like olives either, I was just waiting for the right moment to gift someone.

Enjoy your olives!!! Also, good luck on your trip. It must be hard living so far from your mom. (or, if I consider that more carefully, perhaps, living far from your mom could be seen as a minor blessing, if she's anything like my mom :) ) Nah...I love my mom though.

Have a safe trip!

10:47 PM  
Anonymous steph said...

mmmm olives :)

11:43 PM  
Blogger Tel said...

I gotta check out that site!

10:20 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Today I purchased 4 Dr Seuss books for my Nephew Cade who is due next month.

12 bucks

10:36 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

And mom lives in Birmingham -- 2 hours away. But we're all going to Florida so thats the next time ill see anyone

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker