The internet changed the world

It wasn't that long ago that we didn't have the internet. Now look at it. I spend more time clicking things than I spend talking to real human beings. Seriously. And it just occured to me another thing it has changed: "looking up."

I know, obvious -- right. But I'm not talking about how we look something up -- I'm talking about what we look up. Years ago, things were looked up in books, journals, maybe magazines. These take time and money to publish -- therefore they were always slightly behind. You could look up things like old presidents when your mom took you to the library for your school project. Now, however, we have... the internet.

I just looked up what the hell they're singing on the new Jeep commercial. All I could understand was that it was something about jeeps on New York streets. Apparently this is from a song called "Steady Bounce" by someone called KRS-One. He's saying something close to "steady bouncin' the jeeps on the New York streets."

Now tell me, how could I have possibly looked something like that up 15 years ago?

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Oh man, sometimes I go to wikipedia and just start hitting "random" -- you should try it -- some fascinating stuff on there.

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker