World's Longest Yard Sale

This Thursday to Sunday is the Worlds Longest Yard Sale (takes place every year). This always happens just before my family's yearly vacation to Florida. It's made up of "everything from antiques, collectibles, furniture, dishwares, fresh garden produce, homemade jams and jellies, food vendors, live entertainment and more." There are literally thousands of yard sales. I really want to go, but again this year I cannot. It runs Thursday to Sunday -- I've got a final on Friday and have to work this weekend.

It starts in Gadsden Alabama and winds its way through Tennessee, Kentucky, and ends in Cincinnati Ohio. What a fun trip it would be! I'd love to take two or three days and meander through all the junk and treasures and crafts. I bet I'd have to save up money though -- I mean there's no point in doing it if you don't intend to buy anything, right? Unless you had a reason to be driving to Ohio -- then this would just be entertainment on the way.

Anyone want to join me next year? We can start on August 2 (2007) here in Huntsville or we can start at the very beginning in Gadsden and make our way up to Cincinnati. While we're in Cinnci, I want to stop at the museum -- I've been there before but didn't spend as much time as I'd have liked.

Oh Oh -- what if we made it a yard sale AND museum adventure? We could start or end each day with a museum! Actually, I could map out lots of great things to see along the route and make it a 4 day adventure -- but instead of mindlessly driving from place to place -- it would be yard sale hopping the whole way! And at each new town, I could take a pic of me and the town sign or something. Man, this sounds like an awesome idea. I could document the whole thing in a big flickr gallery -- the towns I see and all the cool STUFF. Who's with me?

3 Comments:

Blogger Veronica said...

Hi Karen, thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment.

Too sweet! :)

I LOVE yard sales but, I'm NOT a morning person and well the yard sales around here are at the ass-crack of dawn. hehehe

I will be checking up on yours often.

12:30 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Man how come yard sales are always so fucking early? now that I work first shift at work, I get off at 3:30 but all the yard sales end at like noon! I want a yard sale that STARTS at noon -- hell, noon is early.

And you're welcome -- I found your blog through Tels blog when you stole the idea for the ten things post that she stole from me ;)

1:04 AM  
Blogger Veronica said...

oh...that's who she took it from...ha!

I love your site...

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker