Non-PC Numbers

You know, I try to tell people that white people are the minority in Birmingham where I lived until I was 20. I always find it hilarious when African Americans mention that they're the minority (this is said even in Birmingham). And for some reason, people just never believe me when I say it. Well, my friends, I can now officially tell you to shut the fuck up and spit official numbers at you. Here's the racial makeup of the city as of the 2000 Census -- and it's only become more skewed since then:
The racial makeup of the city is 73.46% Black or African American, 24.07% White, 0.17% Native American, 0.80% Asian, 0.04% Pacific Islander, 0.62% from other races, and 0.83% from two or more races. 1.55% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
Oh and that Hispanic/Latino # is horribly off. 99% of them are illegal and therefore not counted in the census. Did I mention that it's also in the top 10 most dangerous cities in the nation? Uhuh. I rest my case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker