It's like playing house -- but with bills and stuff.

Really, I feel like I'm playing house here. It's fun though ;) I get up and shower and make breakfast to eat at my kitchen table. And today I did laundry and introduced myself to the neighbor (she apparently saw how I leave the blinds open for Jack and did the same today for her cat, Nem). I took over some cat toys for him. I figured it was a good way to say hello. Her kids loved me (I think its the cat and the pink hair) and begged her to let me come with them to concerts in the park next week. Someone thinks I'm cool!

I also vacuumed the apt. I'm still trying to get the musty smell out so I'm trying to carpet fresh (fresh melons -- mmmm) and vacuum every week. And then I COOKED dinner. Too many starches -- I know, but its better than fast food or something. I made a burger (well, without the bun and stuff) with dales sauce, mashed potatoes, and corn. It was yummy. And tonight I'll do dishes! I'm so domestic -- isn't it AWESOME?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should try Odorzout. This is recommended by Linda Cobb, the Queen of Clean, and you can find it at Petsmart, and grocery stores too. I haven't found it at Walmart. The downside is you have to let it sit for 24 or 48 hours so your walking on these granules the entire time. But the stuff really works!

I have also been using an enzyme cleaner, which I am happy with. It really takes care of many smells, including pet smells.

Hey, Miss Domestic! Time to start thinking about these things!! :)

I remember my first place and how nice it was not to have to share with some psycho roommate. It was a very nice feeling!

1:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh, I'll have to look into that. Though I hesitate because Mr Jack (my cat) has a tendency to start sneezing like crazy with anything that smells strongly. Carpet fresh is bad enough and I only have to leave it on for like half an hour. Though I'll certainly check it out next time I'm in PetSmart.

As to other things -- I love clorox wipes. They're so handy -- and now they come in orange scents! As far as I know, pet odor is not a problem. I keep his literbox very clean. I don't want to be one of THOSE people. You know how some people have a pet and it's just something they have. But then there are some people where you're thinking about visiting and take their pet into considerration.

I'm actually pretty anal about being sure you can't smell his litterbox. (It's in the hall closet with 2 air freshners ;) ) I think the musty smell is coming out -- but I'm not positive as I might just be getting used to it. My moms going to come up to visit though and I'm gonna make her walk through and give the whole place a good sniff -- she knows how weird I am about smells. Not even just pet smells -- I'm a believer that everyones place has a smell -- you can't help that. I just don't want my place to have a particularly bad one.

Again. thanks for the info -- youre right, I'm a newbie -- I need to know these things ;)

1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker