Blah Blah Blah

Wow, that last post has more comments than my average number of daily visitors. That’s either totally awesome or totally pathetic depending on how you look at it. Same goes for the RGIS post that got Wikipedia-d. I’ll also have you know that if you Google “RGIS sucks” I’m the number 1 result and linked from the number 2. Yes, stirring up debate on the internet really is quite fun.

And about the apartment pictures: I was going to post them but I keep changing things and every time I change something, I’d want to post a new picture --- and well, you don’t care – so I’m gonna wait a bit before I post them and get all settled in. Steph came by to see it yesterday and she can attest to its awesomeness.

I’m still LOVING my new place to itty-bitty pieces. I’ll love it even more when I get internet access. Jack is in Birmingham with mom so I spent the night there these past two nights without my emotional-crutch-pet. I gotta admit – it’s way more scary without the cat. I kept hearing noises and without Jack there to react if someone was breaking in and about to stab me through the shower curtain, it was kinda creepy. I kept imagining some freak from a horror movie with deformities and scars on their face drooling over my bed while I slept. I know, I told you I was a pussy – this is why you can never allow me to watch horror movies.

Oh and something is falling off the Beetle. I’m not real sure what it is or if it is a vital part, but it’s hanging down and scraping the road. That can’t be good.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Skwid said...

Karen,
Firstly, let me say how sorry I am about your mac. I've had a similar thing happened when I did have a backup, and it wasn't until later that I found out the backup wasn't successful. Of course by then it was too late.
Next, the beetle. What does the thing hanging down look like? I'd get it chekced out as soon as you can, if it's only a splash panel or something like that it won't matter too much, but it would suck to lose your beetle as well as your files.
Thirdly, and it's important even though it souds like a cliche (and I'm sure you know it anyway)... count you blessings.

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Valerie said...

HI Karen-
Sorry to hear about losing the last 3 years of your life. That all sucks really bad, along with all of those anonymous morons who posted all of that crap. Your post has made me realize I should stop my procrastination and back my stuff up...again, sorry to hear about all of this.
-Valerie

12:35 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Thanks yall :) As to the beetle, I crawled around and checked it out after I got off work (thats when I posted this). It appears to be a splash panal or a cover or something. Its like rubbery plastic and i think it protects things from getting kicked up into the engine compartment. It looped back and was screwed into itself but the plastic/rubbery stuff tore so that parts hanging down. I'm gonna go ahead and take it home to bham this week and maybe me and my brother can fix it. I'm thinking we should just be able to drill a new hole close to the old one. If anyone has any sugesstions though I'm all ears.

And yeah I'm totally counting my blessings even though I was bitching here -- I still got a awesome apt and my dream car ;) Man I love that car SO MUCH.

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Beetle is expensive to maintain. You'll experience a lot more parts falling off. It's just a part of owning that car. I used to have one of those, but it was too expensive to maintain all those repairs. During two years the car cost me almost 10.000$. Even the engine suddenly stopped, and wouldn't start again. They had to put in a new engine in that car. That was the last I bought a used car.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

You know I've heard that about them. Though I've also heard from people who are totally happy with theirs and say they'll last forever.

I myself went into this knowing that and I'll fix every damn thing that goes wrong with that car until I can afford another Beetle. I've wanted a Beetle for as long as I can remember -- it's my dream car and no other car will do. And now that I have one and it's even more awesome than I THOUGHT it would be -- well come hell or high water that things gonna keep running ;)

I love my Beetle :)

Oh and near as I can tell, this is just a guard on the bottom of the car that broke loose. So hopefully it'll be fine until I get it back to Bham (90 miles from here).

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Skwid said...

Sounds like it'll be ok :D Don't worry, I do some serious bush bashing in my work vcehicles, and it's only ever been superficial panels that I've damamged. You should be fine :D

3:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker