Mexican Chili

So I just missed the mark on my taco soup recipe and ended up with something way better than the soup. I'm gonna refer to it as Mexican chili. And I'm going to post the recipe here so that next time I can just search my blog for it. Plus maybe you'd want to make some. It's like taco/tortilla soup but it's more tomato-y and hearty like a chili.

Ingredients: 1 lb ground beef, 15.5oz can black beans, 15oz can mexicorn (corn + red & green peppers), 12oz can tomato paste, 1 packet taco seasoning, salt, red & black pepper

Directions: Brown beef in pot and drain excess fat. Add taco seasoning and some water -- simmer for a few minutes. Add cans (don't drain) and tomato puree + lots of salt and as much water as needed to fill pot (my pot isn't huge and it's soup so add enough water to make whatever quantity you decide is good). Simmer on low for half an hour. Season pot to taste.

Serve with sour cream and shredded cheese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker