Oy. Is it 10 months already?



Yes, it's been 10 months since I had my insides rearranged (RNY gastric bypass -- EIGHT FEET of intestines bypassed). Am I where I thought I'd be at 10 months post? Fuck no! I'm hanging out at 240lbs. I still feel obnoxiously fat and unattractive. [Oh, was I supposed to sugar coat that? Sorry.]

I only lost 3 pounds this past month -- but that's still a loss. I'm drinking my water. Yesterday I drank 2 quarts of sugar free grape kool-aid. That's a lot of kool-aid. I'm back on track taking my vitamins like a good little patient. Two day ago I threw away about 200 dollars worth of bras that were just impossible to wear anymore. I'm still hanging out at a size 22 pant but I'm being forced to retire my 24s. I think they'll go today. My old pinky ring is currently on my ring finger. I've lost 9 inches in the chest and in the hips too. My breasts look remarkably larger (they aren't). When I did laundry this past Friday, I threw away a bunch of socks that were too big. That's something you don't hear many people say ;)

One of my scars is bothering me. It's kinda hard to explain -- it just aches sometimes or hurts when you touch it. Nothing severe or particularly annoying, just something I thought I'd note.

So I was 313 when I had the surgery on May 16th -- that's 73lbs down. And I was 325 in April so that's 85lbs down. I can't even LIFT 85lbs. The picture above is one I took today vs one from late 2004. Lord that's a lot 'o hips! And just to show the progress of the weight loss: here's my weights at various recorded times:

2005 April: 325
May: 313
June: 297
July: 288
August: 280
September:270
October: 266
November 260
December: 255
2006 February: 243
March: 240

I don't think I'm gonna make that 160 goal.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look good.. *dreams of 150 and hangs out at about 200*

12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you've just got to keep it up. first of all, you look amazing for being 240 pounds. honestly.

second thought: have you ever tried weight lifting? I've heard amazing things about weight lifting and weight loss. My weight lifting so far hasn't result in a huge weight loss, but I'm down 10 pounds in about 3 months or so. Check out "Smart Girls Do Dumbbells" from the library -- it's a good book to start.

good luck with the weight loss. just keep it up -- I have faith that you can lose more.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Thanks for being so encouraging ;) I appriciate it a ton, I promise.

I am scared to death that I wont lose more. I'm staying at 240 for a while. But I also thought the same thing when I stayed at 270 for just as long.

I need to go ahead and have blood work done and see my surgeon for my year-post (schedule it, I mean -- hes a busy busy man), but I'm scared to death because I have lost way below the average and he doesn't exactly tolerate that kind of stuff. Ugh. I'm gonna need anxiety medcine to go! I'm gonna wait a little bit to schedule it...

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker