Mexican Drive Throughs?

Why isn't there a mexican food drive-through? And no, Taco Bell isn't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the quality mexican food you get in all my favorite mexican restaurants. It's fast to make - they have all the ingredients back there already cooked and just throw them together to make whatever you ordered -- there's nothing that really has to cook itself.

Here in Alabama, we have Jim 'N Nicks. The rest of yall are just out of luck -- but Jim 'N Nicks is a Bar-B-Que restaurant. Not a shit-hole but a really nice place (well, some of the locations aren't very nice). The Trussville location is a really great place to have a great sit-down dinner -- great atmosphere, great service, great food. It's that LAST place I would think would have a drive through -- but they do. Not everything is available on the drive-through menu, but a large chunk of it is. If THEY can make that work, then someone can certainly make a Mexican restaurant drive-through work.

Did you know there are Starbucks drive through now? And you KNOW how long some of those drinks take to make. You can make me a quality quesidilla in a lot less time. So whats the problem? Why is Taco Bell the only one to even give this a try? And Taco Bells tacos are good, but the rest of their food sucks. I want a Habeneros Drive Through. I think I need to write them a letter and suggest it.

Also, how about a pasta drive through? You have noodles; you and sauce. You combine different ones to make different dishes -- maybe even throw in a meatball or some chicken. You can TOTALLY make that a drive through.

Let's get on this people!

6 Comments:

Blogger Becki said...

In Vegas, we have an Italian restaurant called Fazoli's and they have a drive-thru. They also have a location in Mobile, AL.

(I have no idea if you're anywhere near Mobile.)

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't you have taco trucks there? They're not technically drive throughs, but it's totally fast mexican food that is way better than taco bell.

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Starbucks has always had drive throughs here.

What's the big deal about calling the order in and going to pick it up?

4:47 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

The big deal is that I usually want to pick something up on my way home -- but see I have to go home to look up the number for the place I want to order from -- it's not like I just know their numbers off the top of my head. So If I get carry-out, I have to go in and wait forever to get it -- if I do that, I might as well eat there. I even drove by my favorite place to see if they had a phone number posted and they did not -- they aren't in the phone book either. So to get carry out, I'd have to go into the crowded place (when the point is that I just want to go home) and order at the bar where I have to sit for who-knows-how-long waiting on them to get my order and then I have to pay the bartender and there's the weird question of do I tip when it's carry out? You're supposed to, but I don't feel I owe them a tip -- it's not like they served me or anything. So then I end up tipping so as not to be rude. It sucks. You cannot compare that to going through a drive through - never getting out of your car - and just being handed your food so you can go home.

And nope, we don't have that place, Leah.

And thanks for looking that up Becki, Mobile is REALLY far from me though. In fact, I've never even been there. It's in the bottom left corner of Alabama and I'm closer to the top right.

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

rosies has a drive through, at little rosies. its on whitsburg dr

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, I'm suprised there are no taco trucks. They're all over the place in OR and WA -- anywhere you have Latin American immigrants here, you find taco trucks. It's not a particular brand or store or anything -- it's like a little truck trailer with a flip open side, and you go up and order tacos. If you saw 8 mile, they're got one in there (also in Crazy/Beautiful). Anyway, it's tragic, because I bet you'd love taco trucks. Cheap, good, authentic, fast Mexicano food.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker