Screwed

Sometimes you just get screwed so bad that you have to question who is against you. This happens a lot to my family. My family and Izzy, that is. Once again, I have a wonderful story to illustrate this.

My mom decided to be proactive with the pool this past year. She decided she would get the sand in the filter replaced. Now this needed to be done, but no one was going to die if we waited another year. But she did good -- she decided to have it replaced. So she gets the pool people to come out and replace it. Problem is, our filter is under our deck -- a major pain to work on. The man said that he would not do any work on the filter unless it was moved. Well, we hate the location too so mom decided to have him move it as well. She paid for all of this upfront.

First, they stepped on and broke our airconditioner in the process. That's okay because they paid for someone to come out and repair it. Then the man didn't show up again. Apparently he was somehow injured and so our filter went unhooked and in disrepair for months. This has led to a very messy pool because the filter hasn't been hooked up in months. Mom's been going by the store to get updates though throughout. The woman always tells her that her husband is injured and will be back to work soon. I requested that she let me handle this -- maybe by having the bastard pay someone ELSE to finish the work for him, but mother declined my help.

She went to the store to check on it again recently. She found the store completely cleaned out and vacant with a closed sign in the window. So now we are officially screwed and to make matters worse, she paid for it all in advance.

Some people just deserve to burn in hell as far as I'm concerned. Anyone who royally screws my mother falls into that category. how can a decent person do something like that? How can you accept money for a job, promise to do said job, and then leave with the money and leave the job in worse (infinitly worse condition. When we hired him, we had a perfectly working filter. Now we have nothing) condition than you got it? I hope he really was in the hospital. I wish such bad things on him that I will not publish them in print.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your mom should contact the police about the situation. does she have receipts in writing for the work that was never done? she may have some recourse.

the situation definitely sucks. I can't even believe people who do things like that.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Yeah -- she didn't think she had a receipt but she found one the other day. I told her to call the better business people or something. Something will be done if i have a say in it, you can be sure of that.

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

forget better business. This is a case for the police. Even if it's not a scam, he has a responsibility to repay her or finish the job.

This is why it's so important to get and keep receipts from a job. We've got a binder in the house where we keep every major receipt for anything that goes into the house.

1:54 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Hmmm, you raise a valid point. I'll pass that off to my mom but I know she'll never call the police about it.

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker