The little things that make you SO happy

I'm playing with iTunes and testing out some new headphones. I'm told that you can hear parts of songs you've never heard before -- this bears testing. So I open up my purchased music because I have no idea what I'm in the mood for and lord knows if my cheap ass paid for it then I like it.

Do you know what I saw? Billy Joel's "River of Dreams!" I totally forgot that I bought it! It hasn't even been listened to!

You can not possibly imagine how happy this made me.

In the middle of the -- I go walkin in the -- in the middle of the -- I go walkin in the -- In the middle of the -- I go walkin the

In the middle of the night, I go walking in my sleep. From the mountains of faith to the river so deep. I must be lookin' for something -- something sacred I lost. But the river is wide and it's too hard to cross. Even though I know the river is wide, I walk down every evening and stand on the shore. I try to cross to the opposite side so I can finally find what I've been looking for...


There are a few songs that just resonate with me and make me incredibly happy. This is one of them. Other include "Lean on Me," "Stand by Me," "Billy Don't be a Hero," "Happy Together," "Poison Ivy," "Don't Worry Be Happy" ... Hmmm The list keeps growing as I hear a song on the radio that I haven't heard in 15 years and yet can still sing. There are many more that escape me at the moment, but no matter.

Play one of these songs for me and I brighten up instantly. It's a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker