Because it's ME

I picked up my paycheck yesterday and deposited it in the bank. I usually just cash them out at work, but I figured I had the time this week to actually put it in the bank. I deposited it at 2:02 PM according to the deposit receipt. The woman was very nice -- she even, oddly enough, gave me a sucker. I can't eat sugar -- would anyone like a green sucker?

Last night, at around 8PM I went to the store. I needed just about everything being that I've been gone for almost a month. I needed food, drink, stuff, and supplies for the new semester. And thats okay -- I just got paid.

Yeah, if you followed that train of thought like I did, you would be wrong -- just like I apparently was. I got an overdraft fee because I spent the money last night and they didn't credit my paycheck to my account until today ( even though I deposited it 4 hours before closing time yesterday).

So... That sucks. A lot. I kinda want to be pissed about it. Do I have a right to be pissed about it?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Leah said...

you have a right to be pissed. I don't know what recourse you have with the bank . . . don't they tell you how much you have in available funds when you deposit a check? My bank always lets me know how much money I have in the bank and how much of that money is available for use.

In the future, I'd cash out the check at work and deposit the cash in the bank account. Cash clears immediately.

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker