A trip to the grocery store

Do you ever go to the grocery store and buy a ton of stuff to cook? You're good and you stay away from junk food and plan to cook dinner all week. Then you get home and you have so many good options that you have no idea what you want? I'm there. Do I want A, B, C, D, E, or F... oooo or G? And then you realize that you actually have to cook it. Damn.

Also, I have a problem with Soy milk. It's for people who want milk but can't drink it, right? Well then why doesn't it come in "milk flavor?" They all have a flavor. I don't want a flavor, I want milk. I want the milk flavored soy milk -- why is that so hard to understand?

Lastly, I'm going to have to stop shopping for groceries at Walmart. There are no grocery stores near me. The nearest grocery stores are Target and Walmart. I usually go with Walmart because it's cheaper and has a larger selection than Target. Plus there is that deep seeded hate that I still harbor for my former place of employment. But tonight I saw that they've installed a Sub-Way in Walmart. Oh, that's so wrong. I had to smell Chicken Parm and Meatball subs the entire time I was in there. Oh it was torture. I remember subs -- so yummy -- with bread and lettuce and taking a huge bite and getting all nice and full. Fucking Sub-Way.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

soy milk should more appropriately be termed soy juice. I'm guessing you can't have milk for some reason other than lactose. However, if it's lactose, go for the "lactose free" milk. It's good -- I promise you. That's what I drink when I'm craving milk.

soy ice cream is a step up towards milk (as is rice ice cream) . . . but it's not as creamy.

as far as the cooking, I'm trying to learn how to cook and freeze things. That way, you have one big cooking binge once every week (or even less often) and freeze up a bunch. Then, you pull stuff out of the freezer and have happy no cook nights. I'm hoping to reach the goal in grad school of cooking twice a month unless I actually feel like cooking. It's so nice to just pull something out of the freezer, throw it in the oven, then go study.

12:25 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I haven't purchased any Soy Milk -- I'm boycotting for the reasons of this post.

Actually, I'm not sure if I can have milk or not. I stopped drinking it when the hives first started for fear that milk was the cause. I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence, but at that time -- my stomach stopped hurting so much all the time. So I think that maybe the reason my stomach was always hurting was because I drink like 2 gallons of milk a week. I'm still drinking it but I've been buying the lactose free brands that you mention. (Lactaid and Dairy-Ease are the brands I've tried so far). I'm sure I'll grab up some real milk soon to test my theory, but I say -- why mess with a good thing?

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker