Need opinions on possible purchases

I'm tired of buying something and then having someone tell me that they could have told me not to waste my money on it. So I'm asking here first. I'm considering buying a few books:

1. "House of God" by Samuel Shem

2. "Everything You Know About Sex is Wrong" by Russ kick

The first one comes on recommendation from Izzy. He's never steered me too far in the direction of wrong so I'll buy that one even if 10 people tell me it sucks. (Hey, even if it does -- I get to rag him for it). I plan on reading this one once schools out for Christmas.

The second... well, that just sounds interesting. That's the one I'd really like an opinion on -- has anyone read it or heard about it? I've seen it at work, obviously but that doesn't tell me much. Only that I find the sexuality section to be wonderfully entertaining. Lots of couples come in and are all over each other in that section -- seriously. Two were making out the other day while I was trying to straighten it up -- they just ignored my presence. I was also amused by the girl who sat for over 2 hours in a chair reading a book called "How to Blow Him" complete with picture of a naked man on the cover. Anyway, the book itself sounds interesting -- especially since the book I originally wanted is so vulgar that I can't even order it from work.

Any thoughts?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

get them from the library first? seriously, you can try out the book. if you don't like it, there's no money wasted. if you do like it, then you know.

1:46 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

You know, that just seems like such an obviously good thing to do... I hardly ever use the library period, much less for pleasure. I don't even know where the Huntsville library is -- I think I might check that out.

Though I seriously doubt they'd have the second book.

2:06 AM  
Blogger Becki said...

I don't know anything about the books you listed, but you should consider reading "My Sister's Keeper" by Jody Picoult.

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe your university can interlibrary loan it.

but, yeah, the library is great. I mean, books for free! who can argue with that beauty?

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker