Happy Thanksgiving!

"Hey, I got you a newspaper and some Klonopin. When you gonna get here?"

All in jest, all in jest. Well, Ok, not really.

Everythings cooking or cooked -- mostly still cooking. The turkeys (yes two) have been smoking since yesterday -- the Ham came from the Honey Baked ham store. Macaroni and Cheese is done, so are the brussel sprouts, deviled eggs, stuffing/dressing, green bean casserole, pineapple casserole, sausage balls, cranberry sauce (both homemade from real cranberries and the caned kind because I like the latter and it only costs a dollar), corn casserole, sweet potato casserole, potato salad, cloverleaf herb rolls, 2 blueberry cheesecakes, banana cream pie, pecan pie, pumpkin pie... and for ME some leftover sugar free cake.

And just so you know all of that is homemade from scratch (mostly by my sister). There's so much that my sister and mother were just trying to help me get everything down and we kept forgetting things. Hell, we don't even know what we have. You realize this meal is for just 8 people. Am I the only one who thinks that's an ungodly number of desserts?

"My god that's a lot of food."
"Well, The side-dishes are reasonable but that's a lot of desserts"
"Reasonable!? They're all casseroles! We added one plain green vegetable this year and everyone keeps asking why we have brussel sprouts!"
"WE'RE SOUTHERN"

I've already got my car packed up to head back home -- I'm going to take piles of leftovers with me. Mmmmm. And I have even more Klonopin for when dad drags out the Christmas tree and those god forsaken strands of 4,000 lights. (no, that's not a joke).

We already medicated the dog with benedryl to knock her out. I think we gave her too much though -- she's not exactly moving.

I hope you all have a magnificent holiday and I hope those of us that need to be medicated have a little extra to get us through the day. I know I already broke out mine. CHEERS!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nice Guy said...

No medication needed here, going to in-laws with my family, that's joy enuf 4 me!

http://happy.thanksgiving.customsigngenerator.com

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker