My first post-op stomach bug. Awwwww, isn't that cute.

I'm sick. Like a lot. It hit me a little after I got to work -- but I was bound and determined to stick it out because I want that job long-term -- plus I was closing and leaving when you have to close is just plain bad.

I couldn't make it -- I made 4 hours of the shift. 4 hours of dry heaving (there's nothing in there for me to vomit) into the garbage can under my register. During one transaction, I was trying to hide it, but my body was trying so hard to vomit that my stomach was just convulsing again and again -- how they didn't notice, I have no idea. And you know how right before you throw up, your mouth fills with saliva -- yeah, I can't seem to turn that off.

My god my stomach hurts. Oh, and I got someone to replace me -- I didn't just leave. I'm gonna send a huge shout out to Ken -- I totally owe him. He's gonna close for me.

I can't lay down because it hurts so much that I just can't be still. I tried to lay down when I got home but I literally ended up crying cause it hurt so much. Help me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Leah said...

oh, honey, I'm sorry. That totally sucks. I hope you feel better soon.

1:23 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Thanks :) I don't feel particulalry nauseous today. I'm about to go BACK to work -- yay! I really hope they don't hold it against me that I left last night. I'm hoping that if I just don't eat anything, I won't feel like throwing up.

Oh and after being super sick all night, I realized just a few minutes ago that I have anti-nausea prescriptions. Excuse me while I bang my head on the desk...

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Leah said...

I think work is actually happier if you leave when you're sick, so they shouldn't hold it against you. In my experience, work starts to dislike people when they become habitually ill (ie call in sick more than twice a month, skip work b/c of illness often, are often late due to illness, etc). But it's not like you got sick on purpose, and most workplaces know that ppl sometimes are just ill.

I hope it was a passing thing.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Thanks again for the well wishes -- I still feel like shit. But not as bad as I did last night. I'm gonna call my surgeons office and ask what they think because I don't have any other symptoms of a stomach sickness. Aside from the "vomiting" Saturday, all it is is pain/discomfort. So better safe than sorry, I guess. Lord knows I don't make enough doctors appointments!

(Oh and Saturday night, when I made this post -- I totally had hives too. LOL, I was one misrable human being)

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker