Tinkering with the template

So I've been tinkering with the look of this page. I'm done... for today. I think I made some progress! The background image is a watercolor of a butterfly I painted long ago. The design in it's entirety was conceived by Izzy. He even picked the image. I say "picked" but he actually named it. I'm damned impressed he remembers that image considering he's seen it maybe twice. Kinda flattering.

Let me know if it looks crazy in your browser. I can only see it on Safari, Mac IE, and Firefox.

And hey, feel free to comment. According to my stats, I have all of 7 readers! Well, wait -- one of those is me. Ok, 6 readers. Or 6 random hits... could have been spiders. But we're working on it. Well, I am -- it's not like I have multiple personalities... yet.

NOTE: Okay, so the background doesn't show up in Mac IE. If you're actually using that POS then you have serious problems. There are plenty of better browsers you could be using -- like firefox -- or pretty much anything else.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back Karen. Glad to see you posting again!

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see your blogging again. Welcome back. I really enjoy the simplicity of your layout.

(I was a big - but anonymous - fan of the old Silver Beetle)

5:35 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Thanks yall! And I had a fan eh? It's always wonderful to know someones reading your rants ;)

I'd love to take all the credit for the layout, but Izzy might actually come read something and well... it was all his idea. I added the curly que at the bottom though -- I can take credit for that.

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, just wanted to say that the background is awesome :) And I like the overall look and feel too!

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok now I'll try and do it right and leave my name as well.......

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger


eXTReMe Tracker